Sunday, August 3, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...

My husband is a baseball/softball freak. He loves it! I am more of a hockey girl myself. One of our fundraisers for cheer is working a stand at the Ranger games. Shannon has worked quite a few - I think he loves being at that ballpark no matter how much he moans about it. Anyway, he got a burr up is bootay to take Rylee to a Ranger game. Now, this is a long, hard travelled road for me. I have been to games with him, and if I am keeping it real, I usually moan and groan like a 4 year old the entire time. But hey, I am a good wife, I did get him tickets for our first anniversary (paper - get it? I got paper tickets to somewhere he would like...). So we agreed a long time ago I would stop going with him. So he asked me numerous times was I sure I wanted to go, to which I replied are you going to take pictures of Rylee's first time at The Ballpark? To which he replied 'hell to the no'. Thus making it a nnecessity that I attend. UGGGHHH. We were in section 132 which was covered, and I have to say it was very enjoyable - I only sweat 40lbs off instead of the 80lbs I would have in direct sun. The theme of the evening was food. The two of them were like obsessed starving people - they wanted 1 of everything. French fries, corn dogs, cotton candy, lemonade, peanuts, hamburger, fruit, and everything in between. So, the moral of my story is that I may go again, but only if we have seats in the covered section again!

3 comments:

Krissynae said...

There is nothing like an afternoon at the Ball park. Especially the hot dogs. Why do they always taste so good at the park.

Because I love reading your blog I have left you something on my blog.

Lily said...

rofl.. we had a similar experience with basketball recently. I was surprised at how much fun I had but my daughter wasn't loving it. My son and hubby also ate their way through the game. I got some great layouts out of it though!

glitzen said...

What a cute girl you have! Your posts are funny, glad I found your blog. Take care!

Putabuttononit