Friday, July 25, 2008

I got skills....

Rylee has spent quite a few days at The Daycare (just to clarify for folks not in the know, it is owned by family, they let Rylee come whenever she wants) this summer. Not because we need the childcare, but more because she doesn't want to be bored every day. Last year we could not get her to try new activities at The Daycare, she only went on swim day. This year she has decided to branch out and try new things. So a couple of weeks ago she went roller skating for the first time. Rebecca let me know that Rylee gave it a good solid hour of trying.

So on Wednesday night we were having a family discussion about the daycare activities scheduled for next week. I stated that they were going roller skating and that Rylee may not want to go, but she said I like skating. Okay. This brought back fond memories of my roller skating days, and the many nights I had my mom drop me off at the DeSoto Skate Rink to show off my skills, and well let's be honest, drool over boys. I immediately began to tell Rylee about all of my skating skills. I even threw out Xanadu, to which she looked at me like I was talking a foreign language (not spanish though, because she can speak that......or so she thinks). During this discussion Shannon mentioned how he used to have to drop his brother (who will be affectionately be referred to as Pooper on this blog - it has a story, but he might kill me if I shared it, heck he might kill me for continuing to call him that) off at the skate rink all the time. So I got the bright idea to have a SKATING THROWDOWN to see who had the best skills. Pooper laughed, but said that he was in. Rylee threw down the challenge that she can skate, to which I explained to her that 'I have SKILLS girlfriend, did you catch my Xanadu statement.' She then matter of factly informed me...'I have skills too, I hang onto the wall!'

Shannon and I almost peed ourselves laughing so hard. What was I thinking all this time skating around the rink? The real skaters hang onto the wall.

She is priceless! I am still gonna wipe the skate floor with her!

No comments: