Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Russell...

So my baby brother (who I will always be the boss of for the rest of his life, no matter how much he protests) requested a Birthday Party before his next deployment. My original idea was a Thundercats theme, since he loved them as a child, but I couldn't track down any good Thundercats
party decorations. So, we moved onto a tiki theme - it was fabulous. I had palm trees hanging with blow up monkeys - they were great!!!!! The best part was my punch bowl. Isn't it awesome? Shannon and I loved it - I cannot even tell you how much! I was so busy I forgot to take pics of the other decorations, but you have to trust that they were fabulous. Shannon used this party opportunity to purchase a Turkey Fryer/Shrimp Boiler thing. He insisted that boiled shrimp was a must for a tiki party (we all know the real motive here - just admit it). I am excited to have a fried turkey at Thanksgiving, but that is a discussion for another day! LOL! They were great for me as they were not too spicy - but Shannon decided that he can kick it up a notch, or five the next time! Note to him - buy less shrimp when you spice it up - this woman can't take it! This brings me to a discussion about my missing or altered cupcakes. I will start by saying that I worked, scratch that, I slaved hard over those 54 cupcakes. They were 3 different flavors and everything. Here is a cute shot of my cupcake table....
Now I am no private detective, but I can sniff out a cupcake thief on my own. We had several of them in attendance at our party. I present to you my proof, and well the future cupcake jail mugshots....
I can see a life of cupcake crime ahead of those two suspects! Anybody have the number for cupcake rehab? I hope insurance covers that! We had a great time. There was lots of food, the famous slip-n-slide, water guns, baby pool, and my favorite 'Redneck Horseshoes'!!! It was a great time, except for I had to clean up - man I knew there was a reason that I like to go to parties at other people's houses! LOL!
By the way, that man with the blonde mohawk (aka Buttboy) - he's saving the world right about now - do you think terrorists care that he has weird hair? And that is my daughter shaking her bootay - we are so proud - work it girl!
I hope that you had a great party 'Buttboy' (thought I forgot your nickname I gave you....but I didn't and I think that I will dust it off and use it instead of your name on my blog as a term of endearment!) I know that your present totally ROCKED! I love you - and I have to say that this last week that I spent with you was really one of the best times that we have had in a long time - you have definitely come a long way and have impressed both Shannon and I!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the punch bowl, it is faboulous. The pic of Riley shaking her booty is hilarious, my favorite. Since you are master cupcake baker now, sounds like cupcakes will be at the next retreat?? YUM.