Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Hate Bake Sales.....

Hate is a strong word......I don't hate them completely. I like coming up with new items to bake that are fun to make and taste really good. I really enjoy baking them with Mere's help cause she has skills. I wanted to make Rice Krispie treats and Mere took the idea to the next level. She suggested Rice Krispie treat on a stick - like a lollipop. Fabulous. When I was at the store purchasing my $48 in supplies I brought home some neon food coloring with the intention of coloring the marshmallows for the Rice Krispie treats. As you will see below we ended up creating a new color - Bake Sale Teal - and it was gorgeous! In case you are curious - according to RyRy they taste wonderful no matter what color they are. I also made some homemade Peach Cobbler - it looked wonderful! The best seller of all besides the Rice Krispie Pops was what Mere called 'Brownie Surprise'. EVERYONE loved it - all the folks from the cheer gym wanted to know how to make it!



So why do I hate bake sales? Because I had an accident was injured during this lovely process. I wooden lid fell from my top kitchen shelf and hit me square across my lip.......which almost immediately began to GUSH blood. It was awful....awful I tell you. It was a good thing that I didn't 'bleed out' before my help arrived! LOL! It was one of the most miserable weekends of my life - my lip swole up so big it made Angelina Jolie's lips look tiny.....then it bruised while it scabbed over. The scab was good though cause then I could actually move my lip. The best thing about the bake sale.....I made $36.60 towards my booster club account....bake sales suck! LOL! At least I have really hott hair!

No comments: