Saturday, December 13, 2008

Queen of Ornaments..

So after you bring the tree home you have to let the limbs fall before you can decorate. My pictures of tree decorating are limited, well non-existent to be exact.
I don't have any pictures because the decorating went south in a hurry. First I dared to step on a light bulb in one of the strings for the tree. OMG! Shannon then spent 45 minutes looking for a replacement bulb. In that time I got a phone call...oh the horror. Then I proceeded to actually hold a conversation with the person much to Shannon and RyRy's dismay. I don't know what was wrong with me. Once we got started with the actual decorating is when RyRy's temper tantrum went full force. In our decorating process I unpack and distribute ornaments to the two of them to hang. This is our process because actually hanging the ornaments beats me down for some reason - I can't let go if they don't look perfect. For some reason RyRy wanted to unpack (meaning to rip from the boxs and throw everything down) the ornaments. The Temper Tantrum started when I made her stop doing this. That's when she got really mad....then Shannon got really mad....then the argument got really loud. She then proceeded to shout at me from across the room 'Who made you the Queen of Ornaments Lesa?' That got her several weeks of punishment. That made her scream and cry even louder. She has since decided that she is on the Naughty list and Santa is not bringing her any gifts. Now Chuck insists that she is playing us....but I am telling you she has convinced herself that she has made her way to the Naughty list and is never getting off. According to her it is the worst Christmas ever. It makes me giggle a little everytime she says it.....we have of course assured her that she still has time to make it to the Nice list......but she has had a few more tantrums since then......not sure she is going to make it!
You may now all refer to me as the Queen of Ornaments! Here are few pics of the finished tree....

No comments: